Date: 25 June 2022 (Saturday)
Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Venue: International Engineering Centre
Speaker: Dr.-Ing. Phillip Schober, Ir. Au Yong Yoke Lin, Mr. Vijayakumar Viramuthu
CPD Hours: 7
Ref. No.: IEM22/SWAK/171/S
The Sarawak Government has unveiled the state budget for a range of ambitious infrastructure projects including the Second Trunk Road, upgrading of coastal roads and improving interconnection with rural areas. The projects will require proven solutions to complex geotechnical and engineering challenges. Roads will be constructed in low lying and mountainous terrains and over river courses. Deep large diameter bored piles will provide the best technical and cost effective solution for bridge foundations. Ground improvement works will be required to provide a suitable foundation for ‘at grade’ roads in low lying areas. Roads will need to be cut into mountainous terrains and protected with retaining walls and slope stabilisation methods. In this seminar the speakers will share their extensive experience from past projects with the participants. The seminar will be divided into three topics:
1. Construction of large diameter bored pile exceeding 100 m deep,
2. Retaining wall system for slope stability and deep basement in urban area,
3. Ground improvement techniques.
1. To provide the Engineer with a better understanding on the construction method of large diameter deep bored pile.
2. To provide knowledge on different types of retaining wall systems for slope stability and deep basement in urban areas.
3. To introduce different techniques used for ground improvement.
Who Should Attend
• Design engineers, consultant engineers, foundation professionals who desire to have a better understanding of large diameter deep bored piles, retaining wall systems and ground improvement techniques.
• Graduate Engineers, Professional Engineers and/ or Professional Engineers with Practicing Certificate
IEM MEMBER: RM 120.00
NON-IEM MEMBER: RM 160.00
All payables shall be made to:
Bank: Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia
Account Name: The Institution of Engineers Malaysia
Account No.: 420-1-5651-8528
Click here to register:
*Please refer to the Flyer for further details.